1.1 The Promoter of this competition (the “Competition”) is Canon Europa N.V. at Bovenkerkerweg 59-61, 1185 XB, Amstelveen, The Netherlands (“Canon”)
1.2 All participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1.3 Canon reserves the right to void the Competition at any time and change the conditions without prior notice.
1.4 Canon takes no responsibility or entries lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete due to computer viruses, bugs or any other causes outside Canon's control.
2.1 The promotion is open to recipients of the Imagine newsletter and Imagine community as well as, recipients of the You Connect December 2005 edition including the EOS 350D Playtime Competition article.
2.2 All participants must be aged 18 or over, unless written parental consent is provided upon entry.
2.3 Participants must be end-consumers resident in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Dealers and other commercial entities are not eligible
2.4 Persons affiliated with CANON or any Canon’s affiliates / or Canon Group, including but not limited to Canon staff and their family members, are not permitted to enter the Competition.
Only one registration form (the “Entry”) per person may be submitted. In the event that more than one Entry has been submitted by the same person, Canon shall have the right to disqualify those Entries.
3. COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS
3.1 The conditions below must be met in order to participate in the competition. No purchase or entry fee is required.
3.2 All Entries must be received as from December 14th, 2006 and no later than January 13, 2006.
3.3 A maximum of three photographs can be entered per participant.
3.4 Photographs must have been taken using an EOS 350D and a Canon lens and the photographs must be original, your own work and have not been previously published anywhere.
3.5 Images must be submitted with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and be A4 (21cm x 29,7cm) size in .raw or .jpeg format.
3.6 Images must be classified into one of the following categories: Play after dark, Play with your food, Play with strangers, Play with nature or Play with your imagination.
3.7 The photographs must not contain:
- Recognisable persons, unless you can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the photographs to be used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions
of the “License to use the Photographs” as mentioned below; or
- Works of art; unless you can demonstrate that you have been granted a license to have such works of art used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the License to use the
Photographs mentioned below or
- Logos or brand names unless you can demonstrate that you have been granted a license to have such logo or brand names used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the License to
use the Photographs mentioned below; or
- Photographs featuring nudity; or
- Any thing that may infringe the rights of any third party;
3.8 Each participant agrees to the terms and conditions of the ‘license to use photograph’ (click here to
view) that they will have to sign in the event that they become winners.
3.9 Participants grant to Canon the right to use the entered photograph(s) for the purpose of administrating the competition.
3.10 Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNERS
4.1 The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges from Canon Europa N.V. and its advertising agency. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4.2 The winners will be contacted by e-mail around January 20, 2006.
4.3 Entrants who do not win will not be contacted. Entered photographs will not be used or stored.
5. PUBLISHING REQUIREMENTS
5.1 Winners will be sent a ‘license to use photograph’ (click here to view) in which more
specifically documents the winners and Canon’s rights and obligations, which the winners will have to sign before Canon agrees to publish a photograph.
5.2 Canon will delete all submitted photographs that do not win.
6.1 Canon shall not be liable for any failure to fulfill this offer where such failure is caused by any supervening circumstances amounting to force majeure. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to, severe weather
conditions, fire, flood, war, earthquake, riots, industrial dispute, terrorism, acts of God, or events that, without the fault of either party, render performance impossible or incapable of satisfactory execution.
6.2 Canon accepts no responsibility for any Entries received after the closing date as set out in Clause 3.3.
6.3 The Laws of the Netherlands will apply to this Competition and the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Amsterdam.
DATA PROTECTION CONSENT
Canon's website (www.canon-europe.com). Canon will endeavour to ensure that necessary measures are in place to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information.
- In order to be able to process the data that you provide in the Entry, Canon requires your consent. Therefore, please read carefully the provisions of the following Consent Form and tick the box if you accept. This Consent Form informs you of Canon's
purpose of collecting your data as well as your rights with respect to the data collected. If you tick the box, it means that you give your explicit consent to Canon to collect and process your personal data under the conditions and for the purposes
described in this Consent Form.
- From time to time Canon or other companies of the Canon Group of companies in Europe might use this personal information for marketing purposes or to inform you about other products and services, which we think might be of interest for you. In order
process the data that you provide in the Entry for marketing purposes, Canon requires your consent. You can specify whether you wish to receive such information by ticking the appropriate box below.
- The data you provide in the questionnaire will be processed by Canon Europa N.V. at Bovenkerkerweg 59-61, 1185 XB Amstelveen, The Netherlands ("Canon"), for the purpose of administering the Competition and for market research purposes.
Canon may outsource parts of such processing to third parties. For this purpose, Canon may also anonymise the personal data which you provide in the questionnaire and make available such anonymised data to other members of the Canon Group of companies
within the EU and possibly also outside the EU.
- Your personal data is strictly confidential and the only parties having access to it will be members of the Canon group or those third parties that might process the data under Canon's request and criteria. Such third parties are obliged by the same
confidentiality obligation and compliance to data protection laws and regulations as Canon.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. Your personal data is held on secure computer and manual files and shall not be processed for any other purpose than those set out in this consent form. The server Canon uses to store this information
is accessible to authorised staff only, is connected to the Internet through a firewall and is therefore not accessible to the public. If a third party server is used, the same security measures shall be in place.
- Small pieces of information known as cookies will be installed on your computer to store your log-in details and to collect statistical information including navigation paths, number of visits, returning customers and hits per page. The only personal
information that a cookie can contain is information that you provide yourself. They cannot read data off your hard disk. We use these cookies to help us determine the usefulness of the information that we provide and to see how user-friendly our website
accepting one. Please be aware that, by not accepting cookies, we may not be able to offer you the services fully.
- You may choose, at any time, to request from Canon (i) confirmation as to whether or not data relating to you are being processed and information at least as to the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned and the recipients or
categories of recipients to whom the data are disclosed; (ii) communication in an intelligible form of your data undergoing processing and of any available information as to their source; and/or (iii) that the data you have submitted in the questionnaire
be modified, corrected or deleted. Any of the requests (i) – (iii) above shall be made to Canon Europa N.V., Bovenkerkerweg 59-61, 1185 XB, Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
- All personal data held by Canon is and will be held and processed within the terms of this Directive and the applicable national law. We will only hold your personal information for the duration necessary to allow us to provide the services that you
have requested or for any additional period as required by law.